Good news Samsung started rolling out the December 2018 Security patch via OTA for Samsung Galaxy S8. The update is currently available in the South American region for Galaxy S8 users. The December 2018 Security patch is an incremental update and brings the latest security patch from Google. This latest update comes with build number G950FXXS4CRL7, along with December 2018 security patch. The December 2018 Security patch update comes with many bug fixes, stability and performance improvements and much more. Once you can install this December 2018 Security patch update then your device will stay safe with malware and vulnerabilities. So we are highly recommended you to as soon as possible update your Galaxy S8 with the latest update which is released by Google.
Samsung rolling out the December 2018 Security patch update via OTA (Over – the – Air), in phase wise manner. You can check the update by going into Settings > System Update > Tap Check for Latest update. If the update is available in your region, then you will see the new update with the G950FXXS4CRL7 build number. If you can’t receive the new update in any reason, then you can wait for OTA update until reaches in your region or install it manually. Here we share a detailed guide on how to install the December 2018 Security patch on Galaxy S8 via Odin app. Given below we share a link of latest update firmware. You just download it and install on your device manually by using the Odin app.
Odin is an official tool which is manufactured by Samsung. It is used to install official stock firmware on Samsung devices. If you are interested in installing December 2018 Security patch on Galaxy S8 then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
- Backup of the important data like Photos, SMS, and Contacts etc. on the device.
- Also, Sufficient battery charging level should be available on Galaxy S8, before proceeding the guide.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options.
- Also, Install USB driver of Samsung at the PC for smoother connectivity. Samsung USB Drivers Here
Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Stock Firmware
2019 Security Patch Update: Comming Soon
Steps To Install December 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy S8:
- Download Odin flash tool on the PC and then Unzip. Link
- Now follow this in-depth guide to Install Samsung Galaxy S8 Stock Firmware → Install Firmware via Odin on any Samsung device.