Today, we have a Good news for Samsung Galaxy S8 users. Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) now officially supports the latest Samsung Galaxy S8. Now you can install TWRP and root Galaxy S8. Full credit goes to the XDA Developer – Jesec, which build this amazing TWRP recovery for Samsung Galaxy S8 variant. The TWRP custom recovery is an open-source recovery tool, which is used to installing the firmware, dating wiping, backup, and so on. Also, TWRP recovery provides an intuitive interface to the users and it helps to run various software on their devices. So if Samsung Galaxy S8 users want to get the root access to their phones or started getting their hands on the device. Then install TWRP and root Galaxy S8 is the best way to do these kinds of things.
Now a day’s many people are want to develop on their devices. So in the customization and modding community, the TWRP has the main role. Once you can install TWRP custom recovery then you can root your device and install custom ROM’s, Kernal’s, third-party software and much more. Keep in mind that while install TWRP and root Galaxy S8, you will void your device’s warranty. If you are interested in installing TWRP and root Galaxy S8 then follow the given instruction very carefully. Because any kind of mistake you can unbrick your device. If we talking about the backup of your phone. We are highly recommended to take the full backup of all your important data. Because while installing TWRP and root Galaxy S8 your entire data will be wiped clean.
- Make sure to download and install the latest USB Drivers for your device, Odin Tools, TWRP and Magisk files on your PC from the given links.
- After that make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on your Device from the developer options. If your phone doesn’t have developer options enabled, go to about phone section and tap 8 times on the Build Number which will enable your Developer Options where you can enable USB Debugging which is needed for this tutorial to successfully work.
- Your device must have at least 65% of battery in it so that the process does not fail.
- Also, create the backup of your data.
- Extract and install all the files given above.
- Download Latest Odin Tool
- download and install Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S8
How to Install TWRP And Root Galaxy S8:-
- Start with enabling ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option.
- Next, For enabling Developer Options, go to About phone and click the Build Number 7 times.
- Now you need to download the latest TWRP recovery for your device.
- You need to download the ODIN TOOL and extract the zip file.
- Next, run the Odin_v3.10.7.exe file on your PC.
- Now connect your Galaxy S8 to your PC using a data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
- For entering download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together till the download screen appear.
- When you will enter the download Mode you will see ID: COM port turned blue. A message will be added in Odin message box. It is the device recognition in Odil Tool.
- If ID COM Don’t appear that means your driver is not correctly installed.
- Next, locate and add the twrp-3.0.0-xxx.img.tar file downloaded previously to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
- Assure that the following options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time.“
- Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. You will see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on the Odin screen. It will install the TWRP recovery on your device.
- Your device will automatically reboot.
Done: You successfully install TWRP custom recovery and root Galaxy S8. If you have any query feel free to contact us!