Good news for Moto Z Play users, now they can downgrade their devices from Android Nougat to the stock Marshmallow firmware. Here you will learn the complete and easy method of how to Rollback Moto Z Play from Nougat to Marshmallow. The Nougat firmware was previously provided, however some users willing to downgrade to the official marshmallow back. So, now it’s available and this is the right place for you if you willing same. If you facing issues with Nougat update the right way is safely Rollback Moto Z Play from Nougat to Marshmallow.
Thanks to core720 XDA member for providing this easy downgrade method and firmware file as well. The complete method is very easy, first download firmware and installation script, then follow the steps mentioned below. Also, proceed carefully, don’t miss any step.
ATTENTION: The under mentioned tutorial is specifically intended to Rollback Moto Z Play from Nougat to Marshmallow. So, don’t try for any other purpose or any other device. Also, flashing firmware and root involves risks. We guidebeats.com strive to provide you highly accurate method but don’t claim to be free from any error. So, entirely flash and proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a full backup of the existing data on Moto Z Play. Like contact, gallery items, text messages and app data etc.
- Also, make sure that the battery of Moto Z has at least 70% charging level.
- Install the USB driver of Motorola on your PC, for seamless connectivity. | Link
- Also, install ADB & Fastboot drivers at your system. | Windows users / Mac Users
- Also, Moto Z Play must be with the unlocked bootloader. | Unlock guide
- Download Firmware+ Auto Script file for Moto Z Play. |Download Link
Steps to Rollback Moto Z Play from Nougat to Marshmallow [Downgrade]
- Download the Firmware and Auto Script file from the links available then extract at the same folder.
- Now boot Moto Z Play into Bootloader mode, [Power off and then holding pressed, the Volume down and connect to PC].
- Now browse the extracted folder and run the Auto-Script
- Wait for auto install process and reboot.
So that’s how to Rollback Moto Z Play from Nougat to Marshmallow [Downgrade]. If there is any issue, don’t hesitate to contact us via the discussion section below.