Instructions to install CM 14.1 official ROM on Zenfone 2 Laser and Zenfone 2 Selfie is available here. Recently the CM developers have provided the latest build of CM 14.1 based on Android 7.1 for lots of Android Smartphones and luckily the Zenfone 2 Laser/ Selfie is also getting the CM14.1 official build. The users who are annoys, for Android 7.1 official updates can install Asus Zenfone 2 CM14.1 ROM. CM ROM has lots of additional and extra features that will give you a good experience and fun. If you hold the Asus Zenfone 2 and willing to taste the latest features of Android 7.1, then follow the below guide entirely. We share the detail and thoroughly-written tutorial here, to learn the process to Install Asus Zenfone 2 CM14.1 ROM.
CyanogenMod ROM and very popular custom ROM and the best alternative of Stock firmware for almost all android devices. However, this is an alpha build and in the initial phase, that should contain some issues. Below are the installation instructions for CM14.1 on Asus Zenfone selfie and Laser variants. Also, read the pre-requisites sections and follow the steps. Download CM 14.1 ROM and then install it using the TWRP recovery mode. Let’s go if you are really interested, to install Asus Zenfone 2 CM14.1 custom ROM quickly.
Note: All these instructions and firmware are intended only to Install Asus Zenfone 2 CM14.1 ROM [Laser/ Selfie]. Don’t try to flash on any other device. Also, the process will wipe all your existing data on the device. Proceed the entire guide only at your own risk.
- Perform a full backup of all your important data on the device, before installation process.
- Also, the battery of Zenfone should be charged more than 70%.
- Install the USB driver of Asus on your windows PC. | Link
- Also, TWRP recovery must be installed on Zenfone. | Install here
- Take Nandroid backup of the existing ROM on Zenfone for safer rollback option, if there is any issue.
- Download CM 14.1 ROM for Zenfone 2 Selfie/ Laser. | Link
- Also, download Gapps package for Android 7.0 like arm32. | Link
Steps to Install Asus Zenfone 2 CM14.1 ROM [Laser/ Selfie]
- Download CM 14.1 ROM appropriated to your variant and Gapps package from the links above at the PC.
- Install TWRP Recovery, if you already have installed then skip this step.
- Now follow this concise guide to install CM ROM on Zenfone via TWRP recovery → Click Here.
- Also, repeat Install step on recovery mode for Gapps zip
So that’s how to download and Install Asus Zenfone 2 CM14.1 ROM [Laser/ Selfie]. If you have any issue, then contact us.