Here are the guidelines to install stock ROM and Unroot OnePlus 3. Using this guide, you can get back your OnePlus 3 to stock status, Unbrick and Relock the bootloader. As root is the base of customization, the same way flashing stock ROM is the requirement of getting back to Stock. Maybe you are looking to sell or send back the device to OEM for repair/ services. Then you must need to bring back your device on the default settings and stock position. So here we are going to share the simple and step by step instructions to Unroot OnePlus 3 and Install Stock Firmware. Follow the entire guide, don’t skip any step.
Note: The guide and firmware are intended only to Unbrick/ Unroot OnePlus 3 and Install Stock Firmware, not any other device. Also, it will completely wipe your existing data on the device, so keep a full backup of the entire data first. Proceed and flash everything only at your own risk.
- Backup everything on the device like Contacts, SMS, Gallery items and apps etc.
- Also, make sure that your device is sufficiently charged before proceedings.
- Install USB driver on the system for smooth connectivity. | Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode at the device, go to Settings> Developer options.
- Also, setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your windows PC. | Easy guide
- Download Stock OS ROM of OnePlus 3 at the PC. | Link
- Download Stock Recovery file of OnePlus 3 at the PC. | Link
Steps to Unbrick/ Unroot OnePlus 3
To get back into stock status, we will flash Stock ROM, flash Stock Recovery and Relock the bootloaders of the device. Here we go…
I)- Install Stock ROM and Unroot:
- As you have installed ADB and Fastboot from the above section, now move the downloaded the Stock OS/ ROM file into the ADB folder at C:\ Drive of the PC.
- Also, run cmd window at ADB folder. → Press and hold shift key+ Right-click mouse on any empty space of the folder→ then click “Open command window here”
- Now connect OnePlus 3 to PC and issue the below commands one by one with pressing enter button after each command.
- adb push ota.zip
- adb reboot recovery
- This transfers the Stock OS file in the device and then boots the device in recovery mode.
- Now at recovery tap Wipe → Factory Reset.
- Then tap Install → choose OTA Zip Stock ROM file→ and Swipe to confirm.
- Now reselect Wipe → choose Wipe cache & Wipe Dalvik → Swipe to confirm.
- Then tap Reboot at recovery to boot the device normally.
- Once the device boots normally → go to settings and again Enable USB Debugging Mode.
II)- Install Stock Recovery:
- Now move the already downloaded Stock recovery into the ADB folder at C:\ Drive of the PC.
- Also, at ADB folder re-open cmd window, as shown above, and issue the below commands.
- adb devices
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot flash recovery stockrecovery.img
III)- Relock the Bootloader:
- At the same cmd window, you have opened in the above section, now enter the below commands and hit enter button after each command.
- fastboot oem lock
- fastboot reboot
- Finally, choose Yes using VOL-UP/ DOWN and press POWER button to confirm.
- Done! That’s all.
So that’s how to Unroot OnePlus 3 and Install Stock Firmware. Now your device is the same as it unboxed for the first time. let me know via comments, if you still need any assistance. We will always say you welcome.