The Android 7.0 Nougat released officially for the selected Nexus devices recently by the end of the third week of this month. Nexus 5X Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9 Wi-Fi, Nexus Player, and Pixel C are the luckiest devices for Android 7.0 Nougat. As usual, Google has provided Android 7.0 Nougat for the latest release of Nexus devices. However, the developers have worked and now provided the Android 7.0 AOSP ROM for some of the devices. Thanks to ‘Santhosh‘ a senior XDA developer for providing the Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM for Nexus 5. Follow the guide to Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM Manually.
Here we will provide you the complete instructions to Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat Unofficial AOSP ROM. This Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM is at the initial stage and has a number of bugs, those will prevent you to use your smartphone normal as routine. However, Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM on Nexus 5 will bring the brand new and latest features. Keep the consequences in the mind and then proceed the guide step by step to Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat Unofficial AOSP ROM.
DISCLAIMER: This ROM and guide intended only to Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat Unofficial AOSP ROM. Don’t use to update any other device. also, flash and proceed only at your own risk.
- It’s advisable to perform a full backup for your important data at Nexus 5.
- Make sure that Nexus 5’s battery is sufficiently charged before starting the flashing.
- Install USB driver for Nexus specific device here. [Download Link]
- Install TWRP recovery at Nexus 5, if you already have installed then skip this step.
- Download Android 7.0 ASOP ROM Gapps. [Link]
Download Nougat 7.0 Nougat ROM for Nexus 5
Download Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM for Nexus 5– | Link
Please Note that the Bluetooth, camera, and many others functions didn’t work.
Steps to Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat
- Download the Android 7.0 Nougat ASOP ROM and Gapps zip files from the links.
- Connect the Nexus 5 to PC and then move the downloaded ROM and Gapps zip file into device internal memory.
- Now disconnect and turn off Nexus 5.
- Then boot Nexus 5 into recovery mode, to do so press and hold Vol-Down+ Power button for a few seconds.
- At recovery mode first Nandroid backup to save your data and existing ROM.
- Then perform WIPE >> Advance Wipe >> Select Wipe cache, Dalvik, System and data >> Swipe to confirm.
- Next, select Install >> Then navigate to ROM zip and Swipe to install the ROM.
- Re- select Install >> choose Gapps zip and Swipe to install Google apps.
- Then Reboot the device from recovery menu.
That’s how to Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat Unofficial AOSP ROM.