Hi folks, Today we have good news for those who have LG G5. Now you can update your LG G5 to Latest Android 8.0 Oreo. The Latest Android 8.0 Oreo update for LG G5 is rolling out for Verizon and T-Mobile users. If you have not received the OTA update alert so don’t waste your time just follow our today tutorial for LG G5 smartphone. In this post, we will guide you how to download and install LG G5 Android 8.0 Oreo KDZ for Verizon and T-Mobile manually.
The latest update comes with Latest Android Features and many more like latest security patch. If you want to update your LG G5 smartphone to Android 8 Oreo then you need to follow our below guidelines.
Things to Know before Installing a stock ROM
- This Firmware file is only for LG G5 (T-Mobile and Verizon).
- Your device’s battery must be above fifty percent to avoid any unwanted shutdown
- Take a full backup of your device.
Download LG G5 Android 8.0 Oreo KDZ Firmware
- Download Latest LGUP Tool for LG G5 – Download
- Uppercut and extract the downloaded ZIP on the PC – Download
- Download T-Mobile LG G5 Oreo KDZ File H330 – Download
- T-Mobile LG G5 Android 8.0 Oreo TWRP Flashable Zip – Download
- Download Verizon LG G5 Oreo KDZ File – Coming Soon
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo On LG G5 :
- First of all, download the LGUP Tool and LG G5 Oreo KDZ ROM from above link and extract it.
- Now Install the LGUP on your PC.
- Once installed then Launch LG UP tool via Uppercut by double-clicking on the ‘UPPERCUT_220.127.116.11.exe’ file.
- Connect the LG G5 phone to the PC using the USB cable
- Now Turn OFF device and boot into Download Mode by Hold Volume Up while plugging in the USB cable.
- Now in LGUP, click on Upgrade option choose the file’s path and locate the KDZ file (you downloaded before) and select it.
- Now click on the Start button to start the process.
- Wait for completion.
- Once complete then perform a factory reset (Optional).
- That’all! You have successfully Update LG G5 to Oreo.
How to Flash LG G5 Oreo via TWRP:
- First, download, install a custom recovery. If you have already installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download LG G5 Andriod 8.0 Oreo Flashable zip ROM from above link and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your LG device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Must) of your device, if anything goes wrong.
- Now to do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file (that you downloaded before) & swipe to Install the ROM file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.