HTC One M8 is regularly getting the firmware updates officially. The users have also got the latest android firmware Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you also got the latest build of Android 6.0 Marshmallow and now ready to Root HTC One M8 Running Android 6.0, then here is an easy guide. Install TWRP custom recovery and then using SuperSU of chainfire Root HTC One M8 on Android 6.0. however, keep in mind that Root is a high custom task and you will lose the device warranty. Also, properly backup your entire data on the device and store it on any safe place. Keep continued it you really interested to Root HTC One M8 Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Note: this guide and tool can only be used if you are planning to Root HTC One M8 Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware. Don’t try on any device or firmware build. Also, proceed solely at your own risk, we are not responsible if anything goes wrong with you or your device.
- Take a full backup for the entire contents on the device before starting the process.
- Also, the device battery should be more than 60% charged.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on HTC One M8, at the device go Settings→ Developer options.
- Install USB driver of HTC at the PC, for seamless connectivity- |Download here
- Your device should have TWRP already installed- | Easy guide
- Download SuperSU latest version from this link-| Download
Steps to Root HTC One M8 Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Copy the downloaded SuperSU zip file into the root folder of phone memory or SD card.
- Disconnect M8 after copying the SuperSU ZIP file and turn off.
- Now boot the HTC One M8 in recovery mode via press and hold the same buttons combination which used of stock recovery.
- At the recovery mode, first, perform Nandroid backup for the safer hand.
- Then tap Install at the main screen of recovery mode → Browse and select the SuperSU Zip file that you have copied just before → Swipe at the bottom of recovery screen to confirm.
- After flashing SuperSU, tap Reboot on the main recovery screen to run the device normally.
So that’s how to Root HTC One M8 Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow Firmware using SuperSU.