Google has released Android 7.0 Nougat latest official updates. We have already provided the official download link and the installation guide for the owners of Nexus-5X, Nexus 6P/ Nexus 6, Nexus Player, Nexus 9 and Pixel C smartphones. Unluckily the Nexus 4 smartphone is out of the official updates selection. However here is the alternative for the owners of Nexus 4, they can Download and Install Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM on Nexus 4.
Google has delivered the Source code of Android 7.0 to the developers and the XDA senior member Zaclimon has provided the Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM. The Nexus 5 owners have already got Android 7.0 AOSP ROM. The initial build of Android 7.0 Nougat for Nexus 4 users is also here. However, keep in mind that the build is in the initial stage and have lots of bugs that will disturb your device performance and stability. Still, it has all the latest features of Android 7 Nougat.
DISCLAIMER: This Firmware and tutorial are intended only to Download and Install Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM on Nexus 4. Don’t try to install at any other device. Think twice before flashing, as you only will be responsible for any type of mishap.
The Bluetooth, camera, and many any more features are out of order.
- First of all, backup the entire data at Nexus 4 to avoid any data loss.
- Do charge the Nexus’s battery at least 80%.
- Install USB driver for Google Nexus at the PC. [Download Link]
- Also, Nexus should already have TWRP recovery. [Install Here]
Download Android 7.0 Nougat ROM [AOSP] for Nexus 4- | Link
Download Gapps for Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM- | Link
Steps to Install Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM on Nexus 4
- Download both the AOSP ROM and Gapps file from the link above don’t unzip.
- Copy both the files (ROM & Gapps) at the device memory root folder.
- Now unplug Nexus 4 from the PC and Turn off.
- Boot Nexus in TWRP recovery mode, to do so press and hold VOL-DOWN+ POWER keys at the same time.
- Take Nandroid backup at TWRP recovery and go back to the main recovery.
- Now perform Factory Reset, via tap Wipe >> Advance Wipe>> and select “Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data” options. > do Swipe to confirm.
- At recovery tap ‘Install’ then select ROM ZIP file and do Swipe to confirm flashing.
- Re-tap “Install” and choose Gapps ZIP file to flash Google Apps.
- Finally, perform Wipe >> Cache and Dalvik and then Reboot.
That’s how to install Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM on Nexus 4.